Doctor Who Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who Roleplay

Description

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Apocalypse Rising Story

Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Professor
Admin
The Professor

Apocalypse Rising Story Empty
PostSubject: Apocalypse Rising Story   Apocalypse Rising Story I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 8:43 pm

The Year is 2026. A small independent science company, known as Trinity Corp, has the idea to work it's way into the government, and make the picture perfect country. Which eventually does infact happen. Around 2035, they raise enough funds, and popularity to buy their way into the United States Government, and take it over. Everything was changed once they took over, the main capital of the country, was no longer on the coast, in Washington DC. But was now located where the state of Colorado used to be. Now named Kin. Other small states littered the country, Olke, Vernal, Turnpike Valley, and many more. After about four to five years of running this newly renovated country, they began to test on a test subject, nicknamed "Patient Zero." After a test went wrong, and the mutated patient was able to break free, everything began to fall apart. Towns closest to the Trinity Corp HQ were all turned into mutated, dead, rotting creatures, that everyone refers to as "Walkers, Zombies, Stiffs." And a variety of other names. The entire country was put into a state of mass hysteria, and everything shut down, the government, small towns, airports everything. The country was shut off from the rest of the world, information as to whether or not the infection spread worldwide, is yet to be known. This is the story of two young teenagers, by the names of Dylan Carpenter, and Jared Grey. Dylan, whom was raised in Olke, and Jared, that originates from Turnpike valley, find each other in the midst of Chaos, and attempt to reach Trinity Corp, to fix this once and for all. After finding out that they, and only they, are the keys to ending it.

Day 0: Told from Dylan's Journal Entry.

"Yes, Okay Mom." I said, as I rolled my eyes. Listening to mom speak through my cellphone. "Alright, alright. I got it, lay out dinner, and make sure Maddie has food and water before it gets too dark." I said and after a moment, hung up, and tossed the phone on the couch cushion beside me I looked at the laptop screen, playing a show from the early 2000's. "Dammit Sam, why'd you let Dean do it?" I mutter, closing the lid to the computer and standing up. I let out a long sigh, as I pop my neck.I head out to the garage, where there's a pack of hamburger meat in the large freezer against the back wall. After getting it, and heading into the kitchen, I put it into the sink filled with water and leave the room. I hear my phone ring from the other room, and I slowly walk towards it. "What is it now?" I mutter under my breath before I answer it. When I do, all I hear is screaming, and things being thrown against walls, floors, and the sound of fire alarms going off. "Dylan." Mom's shaky voice said. "You need to run. Get the survival pack your dad always kept in the den, get something to protect yourself. And run. Don't stop running." She said, as gnarled sounds began to get louder and louder, followed by screams of other people. The mushy sound of guts, and blood splattering the floor, and the sounds of sloppy eating. "Everything's going to change. I left a note prepared in the compartment under the desk drawer in the den, just for this. Dylan, I lo-" and then she screamed, and behind the scream was the gnarling, moaning sound of the dead. That tore into her, as I listened, my mouth agape in horror, tears falling from my eyes and onto the hardwood floors of the living room. The phone dropped from my hand, and I fell to my knees. After a moment, my entire facial expression changed from heartbroken, and sad, to angry, and vengeful. I stand up, and then run into the den, where I fumble with the desk drawer, opening up the compartment on the bottom. I open up the note, and begin to read. After reading over it, my eyes go wide. "A coordinate." The note had said. "You're the key. Trinity corp has been working on a subject, to try and cure cancer, and many other diseases. Long before we started the experiments, we knew that something had the possibility of going wrong. Which is why I took it into my own hands, and made a failsafe. In the case that something goes wrong, you're the only hope that this nation has to survive." Along with alot of other things, but that stood out more than anything to me. I put the note down on the desk, and walked over to the closet on the left side of the room. Inside was a military backpack. Large, and loaded with food and supplies. I always believed that this was for a tornado, or blizzard, something natural. Not, whatever was happening. I picked up the heavy backpack, and behind it, against the wall. Sat an Alluminum baseball bat, with 9 inch nails sticking periodically out of the head. Next to that, was the compound bow that I used to use all the time to hunt with. I pick them both up, and look behind me. On the walls were various types of knives, swords, machetes, and other things. I grabbed a solid black machete from the wall, and laid it down on the desk next to the note. Instincts kicked in, and I ran to my room, grabbing a few sets of clothes, a pair of hiking boots, and a winter jacket, all of which I shoved into the pack, along with the note, which I put into one of the small side compartments. I put the heavy backpack on, and then looped the machete's holster into my belt loop, and the compound bow, along with a quiver of ten arrows, secured onto the side of the backpack. Baseball bat in hand, I walked outside. The smell of smoke, and burning debris filled the air, and about a mile to the north, a large plume of black smoke rose into the sky. The sounds of shouting, screaming, car's honking, and strange gargling noises filled the air along with the lung burning smoke. I hear a yelp from under the deck. Maddie. I run as fast as I can to where the dog is leashed to the porch, but I'm too late. A man, who looks just like the neighbor from down the street, is leaning over my dog, her stomach is ripped open, and his hands are gripped tightly to her large intestine. My lunch comes up into my mouth, as I force back the need to upchuck everywhere. The man looks back at me, milky white eyes, and decaying teeth. A snarl, and then he's up and stumbling towards me. I hesitate, but then bring the baseball back, across my right shoulder. 'Clunk' is all that's heard, and when I open my eyes, the man is slumped over onto the ground, his head caved in.

Day 0 - Time: 15:35 - Location: South of Avyon, Turnpike Valley
. Jared Gray sat up with a jolt. He was panting as the wind blew through the grass blades and the leaves on the tree that was towering above him. He lifted his hand and wiped a blade of grass off his cheek. Had he fallen asleep under the tree? He was out south of his home, in a place known as Turnpike Valley. Jared was supposed to drop something off at the head of the community's house. He lived in a small town in the southern parts of Turnpike Valley, a small town named 'Avyon'. It only inhabited 100-150 people. The majority of the people wanted to live in the Northern parts of Turnpike valley, that or they would take a day or two to move to the city of Kin. A towering city that serves as the capital of the Planet Earth, and the place where Jared was born.
. Jared stood up and wiped grass off his clothing. He was wearing a white T-Shirt with blue wranglers and dark brown cowboy boots. The wind rustled through the trees creating a low hum. Jared looked up at the leaves under the shade of the tree. His facial expression slowly lowered as the sound of the wind reminded him of his father's voice. He had not thought of his father in over 3 years. He leaned over and grabbed a small hiking pack that was sitting on the ground next to where he had rested. Jared slung the pack over his shoulder, he walked off the grass and onto a dirt road, he kept walking south towards the next set of houses. Passing farms on his way. He stared up at the white clouds rolling across the baby blue sky and let his mind race.
. "What do you plan on doing do this child?" A voice was heard. Jared was now daydreaming. The vision cleared as he saw his father standing in the center of Kin. A young child, only the age of one was in his arms. A woman was standing next to him. It was the child's mother. The young child was Jared. He could remember the day as he did the back of his hand. A man in a black button up shirt and black vest covered in buttons and badges stood in front of a group of people wearing the same clothing. They were standing in front of Jared's father as he held onto the child keeping him away from the soldiers. "That's Classified Information." The soldier said. He lowered the gun he was holding and held a hand out. "Now hand over the child." The soldier lifted up the shades he was wearing and stared at Jared's father with dead eyes.
. Jared crunched his facial expression together taking a break from the daydream. He always wondered to himself why Trinity Corp wanted him. Did they want him for the military or did they want him for something else? He knew he would never get the answer so he let his mind drift to the daydream again.
. Jared's father clenched his son who was asleep at the time. "Over my dead body." He grit his teeth as the soldier stepped forward. It seemed as though they had spent multiple minutes discussing since the sun was now setting. The soldier stepped forward. "I can carry out my orders." He said. The soldier threw a knife he had in his hand that wasn't supporting a gun. He tried to slash at Jared's father, who had stepped back. The blade of the knife lowered down and accidentally sliced Jared's face from his eye down to his cheek. The child woke up and let out a slow cry as his father threw his hands out and tossed the child to his mother. "It's time!" He shouted as a soldier struck him in the back with the butt of a gun, his father coiled to the ground as the mother ran with the child through the streets of Kin. Soldiers turned on flashlights as the sun crept down out of view leaving Kin in total darkness. The mother held the child's face against her chest muffling his cries and stopping the blood flow as they ran through Kin. A few soldiers turned on flashlights and chased after her within the maze of buildings. However the two eventually exited out of the city and gunshots were heard.
. After that, Jared stopped his daydream. He kept walking down the road as he passed a few rows of fresh trees and farms. He touched his face and felt where the blade had struck him. A scar was right below his eye travelling down to halfway down his cheek. It wasn't very visible, although people could see it if they truly payed attention. He grit his teeth as stopped in front of a house. He walked up the driveway towards the front door taking the pack off his shoulder.

Day 0 - Time: 18:35 - Location: Avyon, Turnpike Valley
. Trinity Allendale opened the curtains that hung on the window inside her room. She heard the sound of a vehicle parking outside her house. She stared down at the road in front of her house and noticed a person sitting on a four-wheeler. That person was Jared, who was very close friends with Trinity, and has been for a few years. After seeing Jared's face, Trinity closed her curtains and ran downstairs, grabbing a jacket and her backpack, she burst through the front door with her jacket already slipped on and her backpack in her hands. She stopped jogging once she reached Jared's four-wheeler. Jared was wearing a black jacket and dark jeans, he had his hands on the handlebars and he turned so his eyes met Trinity's. "You ready?" He asked. Trinity nodded as she slipped her pack onto her back and hopped on the back of the four-wheeler. She placed her arms around his waist and Jared took off in the ATV down the long road, which was made up of farmland and several small suburbs. Jared cringed his eyes as the overcast took the air and the wind blew in his face. The sky was covered in grey clouds and the sound of slight thunder was heard every so often, small water droplets leaked from the sky, nothing to serious then. Jared had picked Trinity up from her house and was heading down to the church, where he was going to meet with a few of his friends and go adventure around their community, doing anything they could. After a minute or two of driving, Jared pulled his four-wheeler into the parking lot of the church, the outside lights were on as if no one was there.
. Trinity unwrapped her arms around Jared's waist and hopped off the four-wheeler, Jared drove it slowly into the parking lot and around the building where he parked it. He met Trinity up at the front and entered the church. From there, the two walked through the dark hallways until they reached a small gymnasium set up inside the church. Inside the gymnasium, they saw 3 people standing around. "Hey!" One called out, the girl who called out turned around, her ginger hair whipped around as her face turned to meet Jared and Trinity, who approached the three people. The girl's name was Jordyne Rutherford, a girl who Jared first met when moving out to Avyon. Accompanied with Jordyne were two of Jared and Trinity's other friends. A shorter boy wearing a ball cap nodded his head at Jared, his mullet was resting on the back of his neck, this boy was named Tyler Trenton, another one of Jared's longtime and close friends from Avyon, the final person was a tall, 14 year old boy who stood at the height of 6'4, one of his greatest traits. The ginger boy adjusted his glasses and turned to face Jared, his name was David Strong. The 5 teenagers took their time to talk about what they were going to do, which was heading out to the hills outside of Avyon and doing tricks on their ATV's.

Day 0 - Time: 23:35 - Location: Avyon, Turnpike Valley
. Jared parked his four-wheeler back in front of Trinity's house. The others had already arrived at their houses. It was dark, and Jared had to drop Trinity back at her place. After giving a short goodbye, Jared sped off on his four-wheeler and drove back to his house. The drive was quiet and relaxing, too relaxing. Jared didn't think much of it considering it was almost midnight. He continued driving through the quiet farmlands until he passed around the bend leading to his house. He saw red lights flashing out onto a hill in front of his house and he found it odd, when he pulled his four-wheeler in front of his driveway, he looked down the rocky slope to his garage, which a truck had completely crashed through the garage, he could see the skid marks and a broken tree from it's path. It had been going too fast and crashed off a ditch, falling down into his garage. Jared pulled his four-wheeler into the driveway and quickly ran through the hole the truck made in the garage, he hoped his mother was alright and he wanted to know if she was helping the person who caused this crash. He reached in his pocket and pulled out the keys to his house, he ran through and unlocked the door leading into the house from the garage and ran inside.
. When entering his house, Jared looked around, the lights were on, like normal. He heard nothing except a little muffling in the basement. "Mom?" He shouted out throughout the house. Afterwards, he heard his dog bark from down the stairs followed by the screams of his mother. Jared immediately ran down the stairs and skidded once he hit the bottom, he turned and ran down a long hallway that lead to a living room downstairs. He heard his dog whimper and stop while he ran, once he entered the living room, he saw a sight he would never forget. A man was standing next to his mother, who was struggling against her, she shouted as the man bit down onto her arm, blood shot onto the ground, and Jared saw the hatchet she always used at her feet. It appeared she was using it before. Jared gazed around the room in shock, he could pick out his cat and dog, brutally torn apart and their innards hanging out onto the floor, around his mother. She screamed again as the man pushed his way through her injured arm and bit down onto her neck. Jared widened his eyes and didn't think he rushed forward and grabbed the hatchet on the floor, picking it up in time. The man immediately turned around as Jared's mother crumbled to the floor, Jared noticed the man had a sickly look to himself, blood poured from his mouth and he looked, well, like a zombie out of the movies, he also smelled like shit. Jared took the hatchet and tightened his fists around them, slamming it onto the side of the zombie's head slicing the top half of his head clean off. The zombie crumbled to the floor shortly afterwards. Jared dropped the hatchet and ran to his mother's side, blood slowly poured from the side of her neck and her forearm.
. Shocked, Jared tried to mutter a word, but before he could do so, his mother started speaking. "Is the hatchet broken?" She slowly asked, Jared lowered his hands and propped her up as he shook his head. "Why was it even in here..?" He asked. His mother blinked and continued to speak as blood continued to drip and spurt from her neck. "I was outside working when I heard something crash through the house, so I ran inside and you walked in right after." She closed her eyes for a moment and then opened them back up. "I want you to get somewhere safe.." She muttered. Jared shook his head. "No, I need to get you somewhere where we can treat these wounds!" He started talking louder, feeling scared that he would lose the only family he had, and the most important family he would ever have. Instead of fighting her son, Jared's mother shook her head slowly. "You can't, earlier today while you were out with your friends, I was watching the world news, and the camera crew captured what seemed like one of those shows you used to watch, how people would rise from the grave and eat on those that were living." She stopped for a moment and continued talking, wincing in pain as a gush of blood shot from her neck and out to the floor. "If it's anything like the movies, I won't live, and it feels like I won't survive this, so please." Water welled up in her eyes and a tear streamed down her cheek, falling down into the pool of her blood. "I want you to get somewhere safe, and survive, for me, and for your father." Another tear welled up in her eye as she slowly lifted her hand and touched her son's cheek, she tried to wrap her hand around his head to give her son one last hug, however she didn't have the strength. "I love you, please, stay safe." Her hand fell off of Jared's cheek and onto the ground. "I want you to take the hatchet, and chop my head off." She said in all seriousness. Jared felt water well in the bottoms of his eyes, he didn't argue with his mother. He slid back and grabbed onto the hatchet that was laying in the floor. He went back to his mother. His mother nodded and smiled, she closed her eyes waiting for Jared to strike. Jared held the hatchet in his shaking hands, a tear streamed from both his eyes causing him to close them. "I love you, mom." He managed to speak and slammed the hatchet down, it went straight through her nose and made contact with the back of her head, his mother was dead before she could turn. Jared opened his eyes and lifted his head up, not wanting to look at his mother, he looked at the clock, which had now struck 12:00 A.M., Jared slumped his shoulders as he lifted the hatchet up out of his mother's head and held it in his hands. He sniffed as the sounds of sirens, both police and ambulance sirens blared on outside, driving past his house and out south. The infection had begun.
Back to top Go down
https://doctorwhorpourstory.forumotion.com

Apocalypse Rising Story
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Doctor Who Roleplay :: Side Stories-
Jump to: